At Knoknok, protecting your privacy is our number one priority. Your privacy is at the core of how we design and build the services and products you know and love, so you can trust those products and services to focuson making meaningful connections.
We appreciate your trust in us when you provide us with your information, and we will take it very seriously.
We do not compromise on protecting your privacy.
We design your products and services with your privacy in mind. Our team includes experts from a variety of fields, including law, security, engineering, product design, and other areas to ensure that no decisions are made without respect for your privacy.
We strive to be transparent in the processing of your data.
We strive to keep your information secure.
Our team is committed to protecting your data. We are constantly updating our security practices and increasing security investments to increase the security of your information.
We thank you for trusting us and providing us with your information. We will strive to maintain this trust at all times. First, we will ensure that you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how we use it, and what choices you have about your information. This policy describes our privacy practices in plain language and uses as little legal and technical terminology as possible.
1.Who are we
3. Information we collect
There is no doubt that we cannot help you make a meaningful connection without certain information about you, such as basic detailed profiles and the type of people you want to meet. We also collect information (such as access logs) that you generate when using our services, and information from third parties if you access our services through a social media account. If you need more information, we'll go into more detail below.
Information you provide us
When you use our services, you choose to provide us with certain information. This includes:
01. When you create an account, at least you provide us with your login credentials and some basic details necessary for us to provide the service, such as your gender and date of birth.
02. When filling out your profile, you can share other information with us, such as detailed information about your personality, lifestyle, interests and other aspects as well as content such as photos and videos. To add something, such as a picture or video, you may need to allow us to access your camera or album. Some of the information you choose to provide to us may be considered "special" or "sensitive" in some jurisdictions, such as your race or ethnicity, sexual orientation,and religion. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of this information.
03. When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through platforms such as iOS or Android), you will provide us or our payment service provider with certain information, such as your debit or credit card number or Other financial information.
04. When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you will provide us with comments on our products and services, answer our questions, and provide testimony.
05. When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information you use to register or enter.
06. If you contact our customer service team, we will collect the information you provided to us during the interaction. Sometimes we monitor or record these interactions for training and to ensure high-quality services.
07.07. If you request that we communicate with others or otherwise process information about others (for example, youask us to send an email to one of your friends on your behalf), we will collect information that you provide to others, To complete your request.
08. Of course, we will also handle your chats with other users and the content you post as part of the service operations.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide directly to us, we also receive information about you from others, including:
01. Other users
Other users may provide information about you when using ourservices. For example, when other users contact us about matters related to you, we may collect information about you from them.
You may be able to create and sign in to your Knoknok account using your social media, such as Facebook. This will save you from having to remember another username and password, and share some information from your social media account with us.
We may receive information about you from our partners, such as when advertising for Knoknok is posted on the partner's websites and platforms (in which case they may pass details of the outcome of the event to us ).
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you have used, how you use those features, and the devices used to access our services. More details are provided below:
01. Usage information
We collect information about your activities through our services, such as how you use our services (including the date and time you are logged in, the features you have used, searches, clicks and pages presented to you, access URLs, the ads you click on), and how you interact with other users (for example, who you contact and interact with, when and when you communicate, and the amount of information you send and receive).
02. Equipment information
We collect information about the equipment you use to access our services, including:
Hardware and software information, such as IP address, device ID and type, specific device and application settings and characteristics, application crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google ’s AAID and Apple ’s IDFA, all of which are randomly generated numbers, you can pass Reset your device ’s settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zone, identifiers related to cookies or other technology that can determine your specific device or browser (for example, IMEI / UDID and MAC address);
Information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as your service provider and signal strength;
Information about device sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, and compasses.
03. Other information collected with your consent
If you allow, we collect information about your precise geographic location (longitude and latitude) in various ways, depending on the services and devices you use, including GPS, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi connections. If you explicitly consent to us doing so, we may collect information about your geographic location in the background, even when you are not using the service. If you refuse to collect information about your geographic location, we will not collect this information.
Similarly, if you agree, we may collect information about your photos and videos (for example, when you want to post photos, videos, or streaming media through the service).
4. How we use information
The main reason we use your information is to provide and improve our services. In addition, we use your information to help you stay safe and provide you with ads that may interest you. Please read below for further explanations and examples of the various reasons we use your information.
5. Data Sharing and Disclosure
Manage your account and provide you with our services
01. Create and manage your account
02. To provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
03. Complete your transaction
04. Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing
Help you connect with other users
01. Analyze your personal data, service activities and preferences in order to recommend relevant people to you and recommend you to others;
02. Show your personal information to other users
Ensure a consistent experience across your different devices
Connect the various devices you use so you can enjoy a consistent service experience across all your devices. We do this by connecting device and browser data when you sign in to your account on different devices, or using some or all IP addresses, browser versions, or similar data about your device to identify and connect different devices.
New knoknok services for you
01. Register you to new Knoknok features and applications and display your profile on new knoknok features and applications
02. Manage your account on these new features and apps
Provide you with relevant events and ads
01. Manage sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other events
02.Develop, display and track content and advertising based on your interest in our services and other websites
03. Communicate with you via email, phone, social media, or mobile device about products or services that we think may be of interest to you
Improve our services and develop new ones
01. Management focus groups and surveys
02. Research and analyze user behavior to improve our services and content (for example, we may decide to change the look and feel based on user behavior, or even modify specific features significantly)
03. Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to create new interest-based features for user requests).
Prevent, detect and combat fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
01. Handling ongoing or suspected violations of the platform
02. Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures for these activities
03. Keep data related to fraudulent activities to prevent recurrence of fraud
01. Comply with legal requirements
02. Assist law enforcement
03. Enforcing or exercising our rights, such as our terms
When processing your above information, we rely on the following legal basis:
Provide you with our services: In most cases, the reason we process your information is to execute a contract you have with us. For example, when you use our services to make a meaningful connection, we use your information to maintain your account and profile so that other users can see your information and recommend other users to you.
Legal rights: We can use your information where we have a corresponding legitimate interest. For example, we analyze the use of our services by users in order to continuously improve our services, we recommend activities that we believe may be of interest to you, and we process information for management, fraud detection and other legitimate purposes.
5. How do we share information
Since our goal is to help you make a meaningful connection, the main thing is naturally toshare user information with other users. We also share some user information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating our services, other companies at My Ruler Network, and (in some cases) legal authorities. Read below to learn more about how we share your information with others.
Share with other users
01. When you voluntarily disclose information about the Services (including your public profile), you will share the information with other users. Please pay attention to the information you share and make sure that what you share is something you can accept to be viewed publicly, because once you share the information, neither you nor we can control how other people handle your information.
02. If you choose to limit your audience in whole or in part to your profile or specific content or personal information about you, the people who can see that information will depend on your settings.
Share with our service providers and partners
01. We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us in various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer service, marketing, advertising, payment processing, and security operations.
02. We may also share information with partnerswho promote and assist us in promoting our services. For example, we may share your limited information with our advertising partners in a hashed and non-human-readable format.
03. We will perform a rigorous review process before hiring any service provider or working with any partner. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
Sharing due to company transactions
We may transfer your information in the event of a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, reorganization, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control in whole or in part.
Share when required by law
We may disclose your information when reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with legal procedures, such as court orders, subpoenas or search warrants, government / enforcement investigations, or other legal requirements; (ii) to help prevent or detect crime Conduct (in each case subject to applicable law); or (iii) protect the safety of anyone.
Sharing for the enforcement of legal rights
We also share information when: (i) disclosure of information reduces our liability in actual or potential lawsuits; (ii) protects our legal rights and the lawfulness of our users, business partners, or other interested parties Entitlements; (iii) enforce our agreement with you; (iv) investigate, prevent, or take other action against illegal activities, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
With your consent or at your request
01. We may ask you to agree to share your information with third parties. In this case, we all make it clear why we want to share this information.
02. In any of the above cases, we may use and share non-personal information (referring to information by which you cannot be identified by itself, such as device information, general demographic information, general behavioral data, and geographic location in de-identified formats) And personal information in hashed and non-human readable format. We may also share such information with other MyChat Internet companies and third parties (especially advertisers) in order to create and place targeted ads on our services and third party websites or apps, and analyze and report the ads you browse . We may combine this information with other non-personal information orhashed, non-human-readable format of personal information that we collect from other sources.
6.Cross-border data transmission
Sharing the information described in Section 5 sometimes involves cross-border data transfers, such as to the United States and other jurisdictions. For example, when providing services to customers located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), their personal information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. Where data is allowed to be transferred from the European Economic Area to other countries, we adopt standard contract terms approved by the European Commission or take other appropriate safeguards. Standard contractual terms are a commitment between companies that transfer personal data, placing an obligation on them to protect the privacy and security of your data.
We want you to have control over your information, so we have the following tools for you:
01. Access / update tools in the service. This means that you can directly access, modify, or delete the tools and account settings you provide to us and information related to your account through the Services. If you have any questions about these tools and settings, you can contact our customer service team for help.
02. Equipment License. Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone books, location services, and push notifications. You can change the settings on your device, consent or refuse to collect the appropriate information or display the corresponding notification. Of course, if you do this, you may not be able to enjoy all the features of some services.
03. Delete. You can delete your account using the features directly in the service.
04. View your information. Applicable privacy laws may grant you the right to view your personal information that we hold (this right may be referred to as the right of access, the right of transfer, or a variation of these terms depending on the jurisdiction). You can contact us and ask us to provide a copy of your personal information.
05. Update your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, or we do not have the rightto use your information and would like to request correction, deletion, or objection to our processing of this information, please contact us.
To protect you and all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity in order to respond to the above request.
Keep in mind that we may refuse requests for a number of reasons, including that they are illegal, may violate trade secrets or intellectual property rights, or the privacy of other users. If you wish to receive information about other users, such as receiving any information he or she sends through our services, other users must contact our Privacy Officer and agree in writing to do so before we can provide this information.
In addition, we may not be able to satisfy certain requests against the processing of personal information, especially if these requests prevent us from continuing to provide services to you. For example, we cannot provide you with our services without your date of birth.
06. Uninstall. You can use the standard uninstaller of your device to uninstall an application and stop all its collection activities. If you uninstall the application from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you reinstall the app on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier with your previous transactions and activities.
07. Accountability. In some countries, including the European Union, if you have concerns about how we handle your personal information, you have the right to complain to the appropriate data protection authority. The data protection agency to which you can complain is most likely your usual residence, your work place, or the data protection agency in our location.
8.How do we protect your information
We strive to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or alteration, disclosure or destruction. Like all technology companies, although we take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that you cannot expect your personal information to always be secure.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and regularly review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to update our physical, technical, and organizational security measures.
If we suspect or discover any breach of security, we may suspend your right to use all or part of the service without notice. If you believe your account or information is no longer secure, please let us know.
9.How long do we retain your information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for legitimate business purposes and for as long as permitted by applicable law. To protect the safety of our users during and outside the service, we implemented a three-month security retention window period after the account was deleted. During this time, account information will be retained, but of course the account will no longer be displayed in the service.
In practice, we will delete your information or make it anonymous after your account is deleted (after the security retention window period) or after your account has been inactive for two years:
We must retain information in accordance with applicable law (for example, to comply with statutory data retention obligations, certain "traffic data" should be retained for one year);
There are outstanding issues, claims or disputes that require us to retain relevant information until they are resolved;
To protect our legitimate business interests, such as preventing fraud and enhancing user safety and security, information must be retained. For example, information may need to be retained to prevent users who have been banned from using the service due to unsafe behavior or security incidents, from creating new accounts.
Please keep in mind that although our system is designed to perform the data deletion process according to the above guidelines, due to technical limitations, we cannot guarantee that all data will be deleted within a specific time frame.
Our service is only available to users who are at least 18 years old. We do not allow users under the age of 18 to use our platform and do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect a user is under 18, please report using the reporting mechanism provided in the service.
Because we are always looking for new and innovative ways to help you make a meaningful connection, this policy may change over time. We will notify you before any major changes take effect so you have time to review the changes.
12.How to contact us